Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Back from Burgundy- Moves to be Made

This past month has been a whirlwind. After a week in London for the London International Wine Fair (which was a wonderful place for networking, but not so much for tasting top wines or meeting a wineries top people. Was really interested in learning about New York wines but it turned out I knew more about them than the woman who was presenting them. Bummer.) and a last hurrah in Paris (French Open and Fallafel with my brother and his wife) and Burgundy (grubbing and raging with my homies), I am back in Seattle. I can't write this post-France blog post without giving a shout out to my friends at Maison Ilan www.maisonilan.com. Working with Ray and Chris Walker gave me an insight to Burgundy that very few Americans can get, and they are probably the coolest and nicest people I've met in a while. If you haven't heard of their wines you probably aren't too familiar with Burgundy just yet. Ask to get on the mailing list now because they will be sold out for many years to come. See you guys soon!

I will pretend that people are super interested in my future and what I'm up to so here is what I'm up to.

Now that I have returned to 'Merica, along with writing, I will be working at Two Tartes Cafe and Catering www.twotartes.com as the head marketer and director of events (Two Tartes on FB). The Alcove at Two Tartes is a wonderful space that is perfect for intimate (small) concerts, wine and food tastings, private parties. I'm planning events right now at the Alcove so if you have any recommendations or questions I am all ears. Holler at our facebook page and twitter if you can't make it in to chat and have lunch. If you haven't seen the space yet, head down to Georgetown this Saturday 6/9 for the Georgetown Carnival between 12-5.  We will be drinking what many would call "hella beers" and pouring some very nice wines for everyone to enjoy. Also attending will be the stereo I used in college. So even though it won't be blasting Tool, 36 Mafia or Lil Wayne's Carter 2 like it was doing in 2005, it will most definitely be bothering the neighbors and satisfying those who love hanging out and listening to tunes.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog where ever you may be. I'm very lucky (humbled) and grateful (blessed) to have awesome people read what I write. The future is going to be very interesting so stay tuned and I will make sure to do my best to make you laugh while dropping some wine/food knowledge on you.

Btw, tell me you read this when you are at the Georgetown Carnival and I will sell you beers and cookies for $1...Common gang, you can't even buy a spray of cologne or a condom at a bowling alley for $1 anymore so that is an amazing deal.


1 comment: